CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

RE: Erin

I am writing this for my own records, as after all, this is my journal. At Erin's conference, her teacher was very complimentary of her academic skills and discussed her potential for college scholarships. However, what she did advise was that it is important to be involved in activities, and not just be involved, but to have leadership positions. She shared that her son, though very gifted intellectually, talented in baseball and involved in clubs, did not have the leadership they were looking for ... and how many of his friends not as skilled or smart as he, received much more in scholarship funds. I kind of envision Erin not necessarily joining a club and seeking leadership but finding her own cause and building it up. Regardless, I wanted to write this and remember her wise words.

0 comments: