CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

He's Not Even a Train!

Jenna came home from school yesterday talking about a boy in her class who was so funny and so cute (she is really into boys being cute now). She went on and on about him and so I asked what his name was. She said, his name is Thomas, and "Mom, if you can believe it ... He's not even a train!"

Jenna often has me in tears ... either laughing or crying. She is so funny but is by far our hardest child yet. I told Jonathan this morning that I sometimes feel like packing up and just moving to an island all by myself and not telling anyone where I am -- and staying there for a couple of years until I can regain my sanity. He told me I sound like a Lifetime movie! The problem with Jenna is she gets stuck on an idea and won't get off of it. It's not like a fascination ... it's just stuck. She will be in trouble (which is all the time) and so I will say you need to go to bed and you don't get your story tonight, so she will wail over and over again ... "I want my story" and you can't reason or talk to her because she just looks right through you and goes on and on "I want my story" "I want my story" "I want my story", wailing like a broken record. She rages and destroys ... and then she turns around and melts my heart.

Yesterday morning it was about 50 degrees and at the bus stop, everyone was completely bundled up, including my children. I went out in my bare feet and pajamas and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts, but I explained I am a New Englander at heart and this weather did not even phase me. My girls, however, are now more like Tennesseeans. They even talk that way. They will say, "I'm FIXIN to go eat dinner" or "Y'all, do you want to ride bikes?" Even Michael has started to get into it a little bit.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

When I first moved to Utah, I used to say fixin to and yall all the time. My friends laughed and laughed. They thought it was the funniest thing. I grew up 8 miles from the Texas border, sometimes when I'm talking fast I texas-slur my I's. Not so much anymore! Now, I'm having a great time listening to the thick New England accent. I have now been educated on the correct way to say, "Chowda"! :)

Janus said...

I started to say "fixin" and "y'all" on my mission. My trainer, Sister Rowley, was from Texas and she rubbed off on me. In fact I still say y'all, not so much fixin. If you notice, I sometimes write y'all when I'm writing my blogs.

When I came off my mission, many people thought I served my mission in the deep south, because I used the words, fixin and y'all all the time.

Briana Ward said...

Jenna is soooo cute. she crackes me up!