CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Always Something!

So I took Michael today to his psychologist in Cordova -about an hour's drive. I was excited because I do not have to stay there while he is in with the dr., and there is a Super Target right across the street. Since we don't have a Target in my town, that is a big treat. So Andrew and I went over there, did a return, shopped a little and got back in time for Michael's appt to be over. We were sitting in the waiting room and just before Michael came out, Andrew spotted a fire alarm box with keys dangling on the outside. He is obsessed with keys and grabbed them right out before I even noticed what he was doing. Well that opened up the alarm box and I wasn't sure if that meant the alarm had been triggered or not. I went to the receptionist and told her what happened and gave her the keys back. I really didn't think an alarm had gone off, but we left to go out to van and Michael had to go to the bathroom so we were waiting there for him. The receptionist came out to our van to tell us that their alarm monitoring company had just called and said that the alarm had been triggered and the fire department was on its way. I felt horrible so we waited there and sure enough, within about a minute, there came two engines with sirens blaring. I went to them and explained what happened and I think they were less than pleased, but at least they accepted my explanation and did not barge into the building. AGGGHHHH!!! We certainly won't be sitting on that side of the waiting room anymore!

On a funny note, however, while we were waiting we were looking at a magazine. Andrew pointed to a picture of a statue and said, "What's that?" I said, that is a statue. He obviously heard "Stat You" and said, "A stat Me?" I said, no Andrew, it is called a statue and he said again, "Oh, a Stat Me?" It was so cute!

Jonathan's gone to Utah to help on the farm, so the kids and I are alone. Michael had karate this afternoon and said his class was at 4:00 so we dropped him off and did some errands and came back at 4:45, at which time he came out and said he was wrong and his class actually started at 4:45, which meant we had another 45 minutes to wait. I was so tired, so we parked and I was kind of half asleep. I heard Erin and Lindsey asking each other if they thought I was asleep or possibly dead. They were giggling about it and they were saying, "Ask her" - no - you ask her, no - you. So they start listening to hear if I was breathing or not and finally, Lindsey leans over to the front and quietly asks, "Mom, are you dead" and I let out a big ghost like noise and it scared the living daylights out of her!

Jenna was tired tonight and put herself to bed at about 6:30 without telling anyone. What a treat that was! She started Pre-K and takes naps everyday there. Since school started, she has a really hard time falling asleep at night because of that nap. Normally that means that Michael also has a hard time because since they share a room, Jenna stays in there and talks to him non-stop. But she has a cold and has been coughing lots at night and I guess it has worn her out - poor thing.

1 comments:

Sheila said...

Cindy...this one made me laugh! That's so funny about the girls thinking you might be dead! Sometimes I wish I could play dead. :) I'm glad you're doing a blog! I love hearing about your adventures! You're the mom of the year as far as I'm concerned!