CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

PROGRAM IS DONE!!!

Our Primary Program was yesterday and all in all, it was really good! The children did fantastic in their parts and songs. It was very hard on me to not try to take over the music part because of doing that for so long in Newport. Our chorister is wonderful so it is nothing with that ... it is just that it feels so natural to be on the music end and the whole other side feels so unnatural, so I want to go to my comfort zone so badly! You know there is always one child who has ants in their pants and that would be Jenna this year. She gets the prize. She first started messing with the light switches which I never realized were even there, and then during the last part of the program, for every song she got up and did this interpretive kind of dance -- kind of like half ballet, half something else because it didn't quite have the grace of a ballerina - there was a little more Jenna passion. Now in fairness to her, she did stay in the area of her seat for the most part. Her teacher tried to control her for a while and then finally gave up and I just stopped looking over her way because that is just Jenna!

Lindsey, for as shy as she is, volunteered to sing a duet part with one of her friends. She was a very big step for her and I was so proud of her growth. I'm learning you just can't push them but they're ready when they're ready, not necessarily when I want them to be ready.

I have a little file folder of notes I made this year about doing Primary programs in general and some things I would certainly change a little, but overall I thought it was a job well done ... and what a nice feeling to have it over!

0 comments: