CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm in 4th Grade for Crying Out Loud!

I bought Erin a shirt at Kohls that she was so excited to wear. I dress her pretty conservatively and this shirt is a little more on the wild side. It is leopard print and then looks like there is a little jacket attached but it is really part of the shirt. The jacket part has a hood in the back and that part is turquoise. It's long sleeve and it has been so hot so she has not been able to wear it yet. She has shown all her friends this shirt and they just love it, too, and this has made the anticipation of wearing it even greater. This morning it was chilly so Erin was so excited and asked if today could be the day. She found this brown skirt she also wanted to wear and a pair of clogs - so she put the outfit together and it did look a little floozy-like but it wasn't that bad -- she was really excited and so I let it go. Jonathan came into the kitchen and said that he didn't care for what she was wearing and was I going to let her go to school like that. Erin got mad and out came a rather sassy attitude, and she said, "Dad, I'm not little any more. I'm in the 4th grade FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" So Jonathan asks her what "for crying out loud" meant and she said, I don't know but I think it's what you say when you're mad!

It cracked me up because I don't believe I have ever said that, though I can remember my mom saying that quite a bit. But she did win the war and wore her creation. I believe everyone needs a little freedom of expression!

1 comments:

Janus said...

that's great!! I laughed so hard I nearly pee'ed my pants.

Oh, thanks for the tidbit on EBay, I'll have to check that out.