CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jonathan's 40th

Poor Jonathan ... for his 40th birthday, he got the flu. He was so sick on the couch all day. He went on a campout Friday night with Michael for scouts and when he got home, he said he didn't feel well. I had to leave to go to the Stake Center for Super Saturday (I can't believe the things I made!) and when I got back, he was just laying there moaning. He had a high temperature - didn't want a cake or anything. He still is not well today. He always thinks he has to tough it out and not take anything (his Mom's doings!) but finally he broke down and took some Advil and I think he is always amazed at how much better it makes you feel. I can't believe he is 40 and I will be there soon. I don't think of us as 40 yr olds and I can remember my parents turning 40!

Michael got his Tenderfoot today for scouts. We had our practice for the Primary program today and it actually went pretty well. One more practice on Saturday and then the program is next Sunday. I remember last year, teaching primary and really enjoying the program. It was the first time in a long time I had no responsibility in it, so it was really nice just to sit back, and assist a little, with no pressure.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

40!!! You guys are getting old! :) Just kidding...you're in the prime. Happy B-day Jonathan...stinky flu. Cindy, we got fruit flies here in our lovely green lane house....How the heck do you get rid of fruit flies? I hate them!!!!!!

Briana Ward said...

Good luck with the sick birthday boy. Tell him happy b-day for us. we were going to call but I think it is too late and we don't want to wake him or you up.
Tell Michael congrats from up!!! That is great!!!!

Janus said...

WOW!! The big 4-0!!! I had no idea that Jonathan was sick. He sure left that out when I called to wish him a Happy Birthday!!!

Well, after your primary program, you'll just have to make him a special "belated I'm so glad your not sick anymore birthday cake"

Anyway, cindy, I'm enjoying your blog, even grant is having fun reading it.

toodles--
Janus