CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

38 Yrs Old

Today is my birthday and I am 38 yrs old. I'm actually rather excited because I always thought 37 sounded boring and 38 I think sounds more dignified. I wonder what this year will bring.

I didn't have an ultra exciting day, but we did get to pick Jonathan up at the airport and that was nice. He wasn't supposed to get in until Monday night. He is taking Michael to his first Priesthood session of General Conference tonight. I know Michael feels a whole lot better going with Jonathan, as otherwise he was not going to go.

So poor Andrew got to see Jonathan for a couple of hours and he is gone again. Andrew just started sobbing when they left tonight. I got a edger at a yard sale today and while Jonathan mowed, Andrew pushed around the edger as his mower (not running, of course!) and it was as cute as could be. Andrew always plays in Jonathan's car and I guess he must have left the lights on or something because the battery was dead. Michael was able to help Jonathan jump start it by standing by in the van. I can't believe how capable he is becoming.

Jenna drove me crazy all day today. She was completely wired! Yesterday, I woke up with this great idea ... MOM could stand for Manager of My home. I thought, if I were a manager in an office, my employees would listen to me and I could establish that place any way I envisioned it. So I got all excited about my new plan! I thought, I have so much control over so many things and I can make our home exactly how I want it to be as long as I manage my time and the children effectively. Well, Jenna put a damper in my plans today. Jonathan came home with some pom poms for her and she would not stop jumping around for the rest of the day. Between that and the screaming ... well it was a little too much for me and the whole managing thing flew right out the window (for today anyway - I'll get it back tomorrow!)

Erin made me the sweetest card and got me a big box of Good 'n Plenty candy -- Yum! She was really excited to give it to me and that made it extra nice. They all know I love candy and I think about all candy is quite delicious (except things with coconut), but I like Good 'n Plenty because no one else likes it and no one asks me to share when I am eating it.

Michael is graduating to yellow belt in Karate on Thursday. They move belts about every 2 months, but I am glad he is moving up because we have been really bad the last couple of weeks in his attendance. I don't know if you don't pass by the graduation date, if you have to wait another 2 months, or if they just privately move you up. I'll have to ask about that.

Well, that's it for now. Jenna's screaming again.

3 comments:

Janus said...

Cindy,

I love your blog--

It's great to keep up with the "in's and out's" of your family.

Well gotta go, I have to teach Early Morning Seminary.

Love ya--
Janus

Holly said...

Cindy!

Happy Birthday!! I was thinking of you all day and I meant to call but alas, I am a slacker.

Sheila said...

Love your blog! Happy b-day late. I'm loving reading about your days. I added you to my blog, too. You have a link! :)