CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Manners

I had a bunch of children playing at my house today and then they all wanted to go on the water slides, so I got it out, set it up and then had to sit out there and monitor everything ... well this took up a lot of time on my part, which was fine, but when the first group left, they did just that. They got up and left (these were some of Michael's friends and Michael is not here). So since I was just sitting there, I decided it would be good if I reminded them of some basic manners. I called them back over and explained that when I am required to sit out and monitor their playing, which I have to do on that slide, and when they decide to leave there are 4 words I really need to hear. They are "thank you" and "good bye". So they looked relieved that they weren't in some kind of trouble, repeated what I told them to say and they were good sports. Well next left two of Jenna's little friends and again, they just kind of took off together. So I called them back over and explained that since they were here playing with Jenna, when they decide to go, first they should say goodbye to Jenna and then they should say good bye to me, and again, I would appreciate a thank you. So they did just that. And then it seemed like all the kids were paying attention to my manners lesson and really soaking it all in, and do you know for the rest of the day, any time one of them came over, I got a goodbye and a thank you. When did manners stop being important?!!!

0 comments: