CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

School Shopping ... Officially DONE!!!

For those of you with boys, you will just not even understand how big a feat this is, but for those with girls, I know you are with me. When Michael got school age, I always thought school shopping was rather easy, as in you just get a few pair of pants, twice as many shirts, and a pair of new shoes -- no big deal. You could go out in one afternoon, make a quick sweep of the store, and presto, shopping was done. Michael barely ever wore out his clothes, so I maybe had to supplement with one or two items during the year and that was it. School shopping for girls is an entirely different story! For someone who herself hates to wear more than jeans and a t-shirt, it is not fun to look at your girls and have them look sloppy or mismatched. I like their clothes perfectly matched with good socks and matching shoes. Okay, to be honest, if I could afford to just go into any store and pick out what I wanted regardless of cost, it wouldn't be so bad, but to try to bargain shop it all can make it into a daunting task. I finally finished last week after finding Erin some awesome shirts at a department store and then 6 pr of capris (in the same lot) on Ebay for $20 (including shipping). 6 pair of capris that are like new is a pretty good deal if you ask me. So the clothes were done, but today was tax free shopping day in Tennessee, so I went to Walmart very early this morning and got the mounds of items on their class lists, one last pair of shoes for Erin, found super cute Crocs (imiatation) on sale for $2.00 and got all the girls a pair, found Jenna's kindergarten mat, stocked up on socks and new underwear, and now I can truthfully say we are good to go! I was dreading this Walmart trip, but early in the morning, it was quite enjoyable. Now all of their backpacks are overflowing with all of these supplies, but we are ready!

Later this afternoon, Lindsey's new teacher called to introduce herself and my goodness, I am in love with her already. Her name is Ms. Craig. I talked to her briefly about Lindsey's anxiety and she told me she always hugs her kids in school (which is exactly what Lindsey needs) and that she has a real soft spot for shy girls. She is experienced, super sweet, and said she will totally watch out for Lindsey and the anxiety she will be having with going to the new school. I am really excited!!!

Well, that's it for now. I am going outside to attempt the task of cleaning out our van. The mere thought makes me cringe, but it sure does feel better when it's done.

0 comments: