CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Look

I chose this green retro background because when Michael was first born, Jonathan got a job teaching in Paintsville, KY. He went out a couple of days before we did and found us a house to rent. It was very much like a farm house and it was filthy. The missionaries had lived in it for years and it had fleas (because the missionaries had cats) and spiders and canned food that was about 20 years outdated. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned that place. I threw out mounds and mounds of trash and eventually got it decent. Anyway, the biggest drawback to the house was that everything was green and not just one color green, but various shades. This background reminds me of the kitchen floor design. I know it well because I spend many an hour scrubbing on my hands and knees. I'll have to find some pictures and post them for your visual enjoyment! We lived there for 4 months and I just couldn't take it anymore -- thus prompted the purchasing of our first home!

1 comments:

Sheila said...

Cindy, did you ever get dizzy walking around in your kitchen? Hee hee, that's a fun green backgroung though, but maybe not for kitchen floors. I love reading your blogs, they always make me smile. I love Andrew's anger progression, too cute!