CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm Back!

It's been so long since I posted I about couldn't even remember my user name and password! But I'm ready to continue on this blogging stuff. The thing I would like to know is how do I get a fun background? I can't stand the looks of this but I really don't know how to change it to something nice to look at. Any ideas?

Our summer is already half over if you can believe it. The kids have been out of school for six weeks and have five more to go. I just can't believe how it has flown. I have really enjoyed having them home, but Andrew has hated it. I think he misses that attention he got all day having them gone. He screams all the time now and it drives me up a wall! Let's see ... our happenings.

Michael attended a Memphis Grizzlies basketball camp and had a great time. He also went to his school basketball camp and a week long scout camp. He will be going out with Jonathan to Utah this summer for 2 weeks and comes home just in time for school to start. He is a purple belt in karate and is doing great!

Erin and Lindsey both took a session of swimming lessons on base and passed their levels. They are quite good swimmers. Jenna also took her first session and did well. The two older girls will be going to Arts and Crafts camp this week and then pottery camp next week. They have gone the past two summers and love these camps. Lindsey has been learning to cook and really seems to enjoy it. She makes us delicious pancakes a few mornings a week. Erin is doing so well on the piano! She is studying with my teacher now and what a huge difference that has made. She sounds so, so good!

Jenna is all about play. As soon as she wakes up in the morning she needs to know if it is time to play. She is on the go all day long and it is exhausting to watch her go! She is quite good to Andrew and really tries to include him in all she does.

We are going to North Carolina this week for my mom's 70th birthday. That is so strange to me because 70 sounds kind of old but I still think my mom is quite young. Actually, the older I get, the younger 70 sounds! I can remember going to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday and thinking how lucky he should feel to be alive at such an old age! I was about 13 then ... oh how things change.
I got a new camera so I don't have the software downloaded yet. I will try to do that today and get up a bunch of pictures.

3 comments:

Janus said...

Cindy,
I'm glad you're back. Nice to know you're still alive and well.

Janus

Holly said...

Yippee...you've returned!!
As for the cool backgrounds, go to pyzam.com. Search for blogger layouts, then you just copy the HTML code and post it on your blog. On the layout tab, there is an 'edit html' link...click that, then highlight everything currently in the box, delete it and then post the code from Pyzam

If you get lost you can call me tonight...I get off work at 5.

Sheila said...

I'm glad you're back, too! It's so fun to hear about your family adventures! Sounds like a good summer! I can't believe most everyone has been out of school for half the summer already, and we barely got out 3 weeks ago. Summer is going strong for us! And boy is it humid! :)