CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rollerskating

So the kids were invited to a rollerskating party on Saturday night and they had rented out our local skating rink (which isn't anything to brag about -- the rink that is) but anyway, it was mostly people we knew from church. Michael decided to go and I don't know if any of you remember in Newport, Michael's friends were all into rollerblading and poor Michael absolutely could not skate -- so I tried to teach him and that didn't work and he ended up taking ice skating lessons. By the end of the 6 weeks, he was catching on a little. Well, I don't think he has skated since then but he decided to go and he put on some skates and he did a good job. Jenna, Erin and Lindsey are all really good skaters, but the person I'd like to brag on is myself. Since my Primary children were there, I thought I would make them laugh and skate around a little and so I was doing it as a joke, but I have to say I am still pretty good on roller skates. I was the only one there who could skate backwards and I tried the sitting duck move but the skates they have there are very back heavy, as in if you lean back at all, you wipe out so everytime I tried to bend my knees to basically sit down, I would fall back. It was a really fun evening and was like a step back in time. So we had our party two weeks ago on a Sat. evening, then last Sat they went roller skating ... the kids are getting used to this and are wondering who is having the party this week! Another girl, Michelle, was there with her boys and she is in our Relief Society Presidency. I told her we should have our next enrichment night at the rink and she agreed. Wouldn't that be funny to see all the ladies skating!

On another church note, two months ago a group of us decided to do our visiting teaching at Chili's over dinner and we had a fantastic turnout. Now the Relief Society is putting together a sisters night out each month at a different restaurant and that is the type of activities I like! I couldn't go last month because I was in North Carolina, but this month it is at another mexican restaurant that is so, so yummy. I think this is really fun to get to eat out and gab away! The other fun part was that the time I went, some people showed up that never come to anything and it was great to get to know them better. Good food pulls people in like nothing I've ever seen!

0 comments: