CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Oct 2nd is the Date

Oct 2nd is the official date of my first piano recital. I am not excited for it, but I am excited for it to be over. My teacher asked me, "What do you want people to feel when they are listening to you play" My answer: Nothing, I am just looking for some support. "Well what type of message are you trying to send?" My answer: This is amazing that I have memorized and am playing for you a gazillion notes all in one song. Who cares what they think ... these are friendship dues -- nothing more and nothing less! My teacher, Brother Call, is very into this event and has designated my friend Mandi to be my concert promoter. He has booked the church and is dictating my invitation list of at least 50 people. Okay, I am thinking about 10! In all honesty though, I have memorized 10 pieces for my recital and it is possible that I will do a very respectable job, of course, when my fingers are shaking like an earthquake has hit, the outcome may be quite different. Our Primary pianist was not there on Sunday so I played. I did pretty well until the birthday song. One of my Primary kids, Jax, said, "Sister Ward, that is pretty bad to come play in Primary when you can't play the birthday song!" But then he said, maybe when you move, you will get the job of Primary piano player ... yes, Jax, that is exactly what I am hoping for, too!

Erin did officially make the choir, and she is elated. If you can believe it, in 5th grade choir there are choir fees that must be paid. I feel like I am going to scream if one more child comes home from school with one more note asking for money or supplies! We haven't even recovered from school shopping yet!

3 comments:

Briana Ward said...

10 songs!!!! That sounds like a graduate recital. Have Michael record it so you can post it for us to hear!!! I hope it all goes well and that you blow them away!!!!

Janus said...

Is your teacher the one that got up in testimony meeting and said that "Life is the pits?".

good luck with the recital and I'm with Briana....have Michael record it,'cause I would LOVE to listen to you play.

Janus

Sheila said...

Make that three who want you to record it! I'm so proud of you! What an accomplishment!

I have a friend here who teaches and I give her a hard time because she won't teach adults only beginners. I told her I would be a Big fat beginner. Maybe someday. My trombone is still mad at me for leaving it in the garage for 9 years....oh well.