CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandparents Day

For the second year in a row, Jenna has had grandparents day at school. I absolutely despise this day because for all those little ones who do not have grandparents remotely near, it is not an enjoyable day. I did not grow up with any grandparents close and every year I either had my grandmother-aged babysitter come (at my mother's request ... not mine) or I had no one. There were always some lucky kids with two grandmothers in attendance and usually one would go try to find a poor soul such as myself and sit by me, but I always felt a little humilitated. My mom promised she would always come out for grandparents day, but she has not ... so, poor Jenna. Anyway, I decided I am going in to eat breakfast with her, and I didn't even ask permission (boy am I getting rebellious)! I'm sorry, Jenna, that you don't have any grandma's coming for your special day, but I hope you know how much I love you!

0 comments: