CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Primary Sub?!!!

So on Sunday, the new Primary Pres. came up to me and asked if I would sub for the CTR 6 class that day. Can you believe it ... I didn't even have one week, but I said, no, that I would rather not. Why, you may ask. Okay, last week I was officially released, but I was still in Primary the entire time. I had to do the Sharing Time! There was a reason for the release. I just wanted to sit through Relief Society, a meeting with no children, including my own, and do nothing but listen. Second, I didn't really want to sit in someone else's Primary right after being released. It is no longer my domain; and third, I didn't want others to view me as a pathetic lurker ... someone released from their calling who acts like they cannot handle the release! However, I did agree to sub for the next few weeks in Nursery. I really, really, really do not want to do this. Chandra, who was my couselor and is in this presidency as well, asked, and I just couldn't say no to her. I tried to say no, but couldn't. It was the absolute best feeling last Saturday night when I realized I had absolutely NOTHING to do. I had nothing to prepare. I went to bed at 10:00 -- Halleluiah!

1 comments:

Sheila said...

That happened to me when I was Primary President in San Diego. I got released after only 6 months because we were moving to Japan. I ended up in the Nursery for a few weeks after and I couldn't stand it. Not that I didn't love the kids, one of them being Jacob, but I had a hard time, like you, not wanting to look like a stalker to the new Pres...oh well. I hope you can enjoy at least one Sunday of childless worship before you go! :) When do you guys leave?