CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

I am Tired!

I painted the kitchen today and half of the bathroom. I also painted the stairwell and a couple of doors. I am so tired. The girls and I sorted out their room, packing up things, throwing things out, donation pile, etc. Yikes! We have accumulated 3 huge bags of junk just in one afternoon. One bag was just what was under Jenna (the hoarder's) bed! Now, I have left to paint only the girls room and our room and the other half of the bathroom ... well, if you don't count the garage. I have to paint that, too, as well as a bunch of doors and trim, but I think that can happen kind of on an ongoing basis. My friend, Mandi, is an awesome decorator and is going to come and help me "stage" the house and get things going that way and Alice is going to help me scrub my kitchen floor like it's never been scrubbed. My deadine is 2 weeks and there is a ways to go, but I think we can do it! The kids are starting to feel like they have a vested interest in helping our home to sell/rent, as I told them if it does not, we will be living in a 2 bedroom shack in Washington! When I mentioned that, they got extremely cooperative! Lindsey stayed home from school today. She said she was sick, but she was not. I think she coughed a couple of times during the night is how she justified the sick, but I can hardly say no to that girl. She is so incredibly fun to have home during the day. I just treasure that time with her, as she is so sweet and helpful and very hard working. So opposite from her moody side that we often see. When we were sorting through things tonight, I felt so sad when she didn't want to keep her Ariel and Jessie toys. I just can't part with them because I will always remember how she would just sit in the bathtub for hours playing The Little Mermaid and her love for Toy Story. I remember the one Christmas when that is all she wanted was a Jessie dolland how hard it was to find one! She has been my one little princess and she is growing up, and it nice but at the same time so sad.

1 comments:

Briana Ward said...

I want to cry when I think of her not wanting Jessie. She was so cute with her little doll and costume. It sounds like you guys got a ton done!!! I wish we were there to help. Good luck with the rest!