CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Kindergarten Registration

We just got back from Kindergarten registration and after seeing all the teachers, I am still super glad that Jenna is with Ms. Patricia. She is truly wonderful! After going to Jenna's classroom, we walked around the brand new school to find Erin and Lindsey's classrooms. There are three main hallways where the classrooms are. Jenna's hallway is green, Lindsey's is orange and Erin's is either purple or blue; I can't remember at the moment. I like that because if they get lost they only have to look for their color and that narrows things down quite a bit. At their school last year, it was so overcrowded that they did away with the music and art rooms and those teachers traveled with carts. Now they are back to having regular music and art rooms and that is really fun. Their old music teacher was loony and she did not transfer to the new school, and all I can say about that is "Praise the Lord!"

Yesterday, I found out that Lindsey and Jax, a boy from Primary, will be in the same classroom again. I called them both over and told them they were together again. Lindsey's comment was, "That's disgusting" and Jax's comment was, "You might as well just shoot me now." I told them both that people save such words like those for those they love the best! However, tonight after seeing that Jax is the only one she knows in her class, Lindsey is rethinking her previous words and is rather happy they are together. Erin has her friend Briana in her class. They have been together now for three years and Briana lives two houses away from us. Jenna, however, knows no one in her class and you can see her anxiety levels topping the chart. They have staggered beginning for kindergarteners and I am thrilled that she gets to go on the first day because only after going will she feel better. There is nothing I can say.

So Jonathan isn't even gone yet (well he is gone ... but not to Virginia) and I am already tired! I don't know if I am up for 7 months of this -- yikes!!! Andrew screamed all the way home because he doesn't want to go to his preschool anymore. He wants to be in Jenna's kindergarten class. I was trying to figure out what was wrong and he said he didn't want to go to the little school anymore (his school) and Jenna said, he just wants to be in elementary school. Andrew then tried to repeat it ... Yes, I just want to be in ____ (long pause). He was trying and trying to com eup with the word, but he could not remember the word elementary and he probably can't say it either. So finally he said, Yeah, I just want what Jenna said!

0 comments: