CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Car Ride to School

So, I was not prepared for this one. On the way to school today, Michael said, all I hear about anymore is sex. I said, oh, well where do you hear about this? Oh, school, church, etc. Church, I asked? Well, they use nicer terms and I know they are trying to help us, but it's still all I hear about. So then he goes on to say, but I have a question, what is gay sex? I about choked? Where are you hearing about that, I asked? In my Sunday School class. Do you mean your teacher is bringing up this conversation? No, another kid in my class asked about it to which I replied, well what did your teacher say? Oh, she just said you don't need to worry about it because gay marriage is not legal in Tennessee. I guess going along the lines that you don't have sex outside of marriage so we don't need to worry about that if they can't get married. I thought for sure then it was going to go into, well, I don't even understand that, how do two guys have sex ... but luckily he did not ask that. YIKES! Talk about an early morning discussion! So we just talked about how people today think that anything they want to do is okay, but how it is not Heavenly Father's plan, etc, Adam and Eve, the purpose of marriage, etc. I need Jonathan to come back!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow! I dread the sex discussion with boys. Yikes! And to add all that other "stuff" into it! Yeah, I'll be laying that one on David, too, I think. :) I'm sure you're doing a great job as the mom and dad right now! :) Hang in there!

Briana Ward said...

I am so not ready for any of those questions. I let Jeremy read your post, and I he needs to talk to you too. Glad things are going well with the girls, that must make you feel good!

onedayatatime said...

Well it's going well today ... everything could change tomorrow! You know what it's like, Briana, a shot in the dark and a prayer that it works! Lindsey, especially, has so many issues we really didn't know what to do -- and then we're always afraid that if we do something wrong it will trigger the ocd.