CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why I Care

Michael had his basketball tryouts this week and I will admit, I was a nervous wreck. I then sat and wondered why I really care so much. Am I trying to live through my children? I mean, this is his schooling, his sports team ... I don't remember my parents really getting too involved in all of that with me. If I wanted to tryout for something, I did. If I made it, I made it and if I didn't, I didn't and I don't think they were too phased by any of it. I think the reason is all of these moves. You only get to grow up once. I passionately want Michael (and the rest of my children) to believe that he has the same opportunities he would have if we were permanently located. It is very difficult to come into a new location and "prove" your abilities in a short period of time. You have no history with anyone ... so if you have a bad tryout and really do play much better, they have no history to say, oh, I know this kid and I've seen him play before. You have to lay it all out on the line and that is all they have to go on. Things don't come easily for Michael and he has to work harder than about anyone I know. Even at things that should be natural, like social skills and friends. He never quits, and that is what makes me so proud and why I care so much. They had a really great group of boys tryout. There were very few who did not have the skills to play ... so what do you do as a coach and how do you pick? I am not sure what the criteria was but I am thankful this day that he has been given the opportunity to play. I'm proud of you, Michael ... for being all that you are and I am truly blessed to have you as my son.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

What a touching post, Cindy. We're so grateful, too that Michael made the team! I think you're a great mom and caring about your children. You're a great example.

Janus said...

So....Cindy, are you ever going to post anything on your blog again? We miss the happenings of your family.

Anonymous said...

the text is beauty and your blog is good:D

Amabelle said...

You're a wonderful writer and obviously a wonderful mother. Michael is lucky to have you as a mother. :)

IQuotes said...

Go Michael!

... said...

i like!
Come on http://selenia-levolchanel.blogspot.com

fall backgrounds said...

http://healthsystemcanada.com
canada ei
Canadian Health System
altarum institute
altarum
community health systems
socialized medicine
social medicine
socialized healthcare
social science & medicine
social science medicine
socialized
medicine definition
canadian health
canadian mental health
canadian health system
canadian health association
canadian mental health association
canadian health statistics
cihi
statcan
university health services
university health service
health center
health services university
health service university
university of health services
harvard health services
student health services
canada health act
canadian health agency
agency of canada
healthcare system in canada
hrsa
hhs
ahrq
hospital health systems
canadian health act
health system canada
unemployment insurance canada
unemployment insurance in canada
service canada ei
health agency canada
first university in canada
world health organisations
world health organizations
organisation world health
the world health organization
the world health organisation
world health
public health agency of canada
public health agency
public health agency canada
canada health agency
health agency of canada
health canada agency

Anonymous said...

POLO Sweaters For Men collar American leisure shirt may with the jacket, the leisure trousers, jeans matching put on. The shirt size must the synthesis, the sleeve length surpass western-style clothes sleeve cuff 1cm generally, gets the place to be higher than the western-style clothes to get place 0.5cm generally, the POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men neckband accommodates two hands generally Refer to good, extremely loose or extremely tight small will let the human look like is extremely uncoordinated, other spot like shoulder width, the chest measurement long sleeve for women, the waist must be appropriate, cannot too big or Too small POLO T-Shirts For Men.
The shirt was most lets the gentleman show the charm the clothing, the shirt design, the color, the craft, the function was in the clothing is extremely difficult to substitute. But is putting on is maintaining xude67ssl, Actually has some to let the question which the human has a headache. Summer, many work place personnel are putting on and so on Polo for women polo to favor the shirt. Regarding clothing and so on some T-shirt unlined upper garment polo shirt, although may increase the human body quantity of heat the radiation, but actually does not conform to the work place environment. But are many, the people are putting on shirt time, Will have some false ideas POLO Shirts For Men.

Unknown said...

Aww cute!!
So heart touching story.Wonderful Mom and you take care and save your children life.
Please visit on these keywords :-- rocker light switches | plug sockets | remote light switch | light switches | Touch light switches

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.