CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Piano Recital

I am trying to load my recital. It had some okay moments and lots of bad moments, but I did it and it is over! I was going to edit out the bad, but I thought, what the heck, I'll reveal it all! Two pieces I bombed, but one was my own fault. About half way through, I thought, wow, I am nailing this. I am awesome! And then it all fell apart! You should not lose focus nor should you let pride get in your way! All my little glitches are not that I forgot the music, rather that my fingers would just not move -- it was like they were frozen. I am actually very proud of myself and what did I learn? Never do another recital without taking a tranqilizer. I am not into drugging myself up, but I would not purposely subject myself to another day of clawed, shaky, cold, and clammy hands that do not bend as well as intense fear! Those are things you should not have to go through as an adult! And did I mention, it was all memorized? I was actually very impressed with my memorizing abilities because I did not think I could do it.

http://www.nowupload.com/:ZXV

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow Cindy! I'm so impressed! I listened to your recital and was cheering you on the whole time. What an accomplishment! Congratulations!

onedayatatime said...

Well, what was so fun is that since only my friends were there, the worse I played, the louder the clapped. When I bombed, I think they felt as badly as I did!

Holly said...

You sound great! And the fact that you memorized them is awesome!!

I totally understand about the fingers freezing up and not doing what you want them to. Mine still do that. :) At Nathan's recital, the piece I accompanied him on, by the end of it my legs were shaking so bad I almost couldn't keep them on the pedals...any my fingers were all sweaty.

Briana Ward said...

Cindy I was trying to listen to your recital but the site was down until Nov. 1st so I have been waiting patiently but now it says there is no file there. Help, I would love to be able to listen :(